Expression of Interest for Nursing
Job No: 559678
- Contribute to teaching of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nursing courses.
- Monday to Friday only commencing Semester 1, 2018
- Based at Bundoora Campus
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Health and Biomedical Sciences comprises three Academic Clusters (Allied Health, Applied Health, and Biomedical Sciences)
In the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject, RMIT is 16th in the world (highest ranked in Australia) in Art and Design, and 36th in the world (fourth highest in Australia) in Architecture and the Built Environment. We are also among the world’s top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Accounting and Finance; and Business and Management Studies).
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
A variety of casual work is available
- Prepare and deliver tutorials and/or practical classes according to guidelines provided by the Course Coordinator.
- Provide nursing skills lab support, demonstration of skills and PA assessments
- Involvement in team based Sim demonstration and assessment
- Complete on line marking of assessment work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete paper based exam marking
- Mental Health assignment marking and tutorials (must have a postgraduate Diploma Mental Health Nursing)
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver tutorials and/or practical classes in an enthusiastic, concise, engaging, and informative manner
- Effective interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Previous experience as a nursing tutor is advantageous, but not essential.
- Minimum Bachelors of Nursing
- Currently registered as a Registered Nurse with the NMBA
- Working towards a PhD would be advantage
- Required for MH teaching - Postgraduate qualification in MH Nursing for mental health specialty work
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now