Expressions of Interest for Business Information Technology
Job No: 559793
RMIT University has a global reputation for excellence in professional and vocational education, applied research and engagement with the needs of industry and the community. Founded in 1887, RMIT now has more than 80,000 students, including more than 12,000 at postgraduate level and operates across three campuses and two sites in Australia, two campuses in Vietnam, a research and industry collaboration centre in Spain, and partners in Singapore, Hong Kong, mainland China, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, Belgium, Germany, Austria and the Netherlands.
The College of Business is one of three academic colleges within the University and delivers undergraduate, postgraduate coursework, research and vocational programs in Melbourne, the international campuses in Vietnam, and partners in Singapore, China and Indonesia.
The Master of Business IT program develops technical and leadership capabilities to prepare students for challenging positions in business and government organisations. The program produces ethically and socially responsible professionals ready to innovate and lead in the changing business IT environment.
Skills & Experience Required
The School of Business IT and Logistics is seeking experienced sessional educators to join the Master of Business IT teaching team for semester one 2018. We are seeking individuals with industry and/or teaching experience in:
- IT Strategy and governance (IT Strategy development, ISO38500, COBIT 5 and/or ITIL preferred)
- IT Security and risk management (Risk management, encryption, physical security and BCP preferred)
- have recent teaching experience (seminars, tutorials and/or lectures) at postgraduate level to diverse student cohorts
- a commitment to supporting student learning and the student experience through engaging classroom delivery and facilitation
- high level course administrative skills including the ability to provide timely, constructive and detailed feedback to a diverse student cohort on assessment tasks
- be available to teach day and evening classes commencing February 18
Experience with flipped classroom, rubrics, simulation and case based teaching, blended learning and/or exposure to the Canvas learning management system will be highly regarded.
Recent industry experience will be highly regarded. Applicants do not need to have completed or be completing a PhD presently to apply. However, applicants with/completing a PhD are encouraged to apply.
To apply please forward:
- A cover letter detailing your industry and teaching experience with IT project management, IT governance, business analysis, database development and design and/or IT Security and risk management
- A complete CV detailing relevant industry and teaching experience alongside two referees
- Copies of original teaching evaluation or student satisfaction survey results
For further information, please contact Miriam Harniess on 03 9925 0600 (option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now