Casual Foundation Studies Educator - Art and Design
Job No: 560872
Casual Foundation Studies Educators – Art and Design
RMIT Training is seeking applications from Foundation Studies Educators who are interested in casual teaching positions in Art and Design.
RMIT Training welcomes applications from Foundation Studies Art and Design Educators who are interested in casual teaching positions for Semester 1 2018 (5 February to 8 June 2018) or are seeking work on an on-call basis. As a Foundation Studies Educator, you will be responsible for the delivery of course material for Art and Design (such as Drawing & Production Skills, Design Process & Practice and Essential Principles & Elements), assessing students and the supervision of students enrolled in the course you are teaching.
Once registered, your application will be reviewed, and applicants who match our selected criteria will be contacted for employment. You may be allocated a class or work on an on-call basis to provide relief teaching coverage when required.
The RMIT Training Foundation Studies Program meets Australia’s National Standards for Foundation Programs. It is nationally recognised as a program that equips international students with the skills and capabilities to seek entry into higher education programs in Australia.
This program is designed to prepare international students for a seamless transition into a range of higher education programs. It develops a mix of discipline knowledge, academic English and study skills in a supportive, flexible and learner-centred environment. It aims to assist them to become independent, critical and lifelong learners and to maximise their potential for success in an Australian university context.
Refer to the attached course descriptions for the subjects that may be offered in the program.
Course Descriptions FS018.pdf
As a Casual Foundation Studies Educator you will:
- Deliver teaching programs in a professional and effective manner.
- Support the preparation of Foundation Studies curriculum
- Assess the learning outcomes of students in a range of contemporary Foundation Studies settings. This includes maintaining accurate records of student class attendance, student progress and student assessment in line with RMIT Training policy
- Record marks and grades in accordance with RMIT Training processes.
- Identify 'students at risk' and assist in identifying appropriate strategies to improve student learning
- Provide feedback to students on their progress in the course
- Demonstrate best practice delivery modes and appropriate student assessment strategies
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in facilitating experimental work in a safe environment
- Demonstrated skills and experience in delivering and assessing Foundation Studies courses
- Experience in relevant industry and substantial discipline knowledge
- Capacity to identify learning problems in students, propose and implement effective strategies
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively as a constructive and proactive member of a team
- Demonstrated skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies
- Current Working with Children Check or VIT registration
- A recognised degree relevant to the course being taught plus EITHER: A formal qualification in the delivery of education OR Two years' relevant teaching experience, including breath of experience in delivering to students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Flexibility with working hours
For more information:
- Visit our website rmittraining.com.au
- Refer to the attached position description
- Email the HR Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Casual Foundation Studies Educator Position Description.pdf
To apply for this position, please attach your resume and cover letter, outlining your suitability for this role.
Foundation Studies is a division of RMIT Training Pty Ltd – a wholly owned subsidiary of RMIT University. At RMIT Training we offer a friendly, supportive and flexible working environment and culture.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now