Writer Editor (RMIT Vietnam)
Job No: 564474
The Writer Editor will develop quality content across RMIT Marketing and Communications areas to ensure the content is aligned with the University’s key messages and branding. The Writer Editor will work closely with the Chief Editor to engage with key stakeholders in the Engagement and other university portfolios to ensure distribution of high quality content is maximized across all channels. This role will be responsible for developing staff and student communication newsletter content, and other key content to promote RMIT Vietnam.
- Collect, write and edit content for staff and student newsletters and associated communications;
- Write and edit content for RMIT Vietnam website Newsroom and other channels in Communications and Marketing departments.
- Coordinate day-to-day editorial processes ensuring distribution of high quality content is maximized across all channels
- Coordinate with freelance writers to ensure writing projects are of high quality and contracts and payments are processed.
- Support ad hoc writing and editing requests from Marketing and Communications departments, and at times, from other portfolios.
- Provide regular reports and feedback to Chief Editor on performance (messaging and reach) of current content
- Support the Chief Editor in the development of a content and message calendar.
Key selection criteria
- A discipline relevant tertiary degree (e.g. Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, Journalism).
- At least five years of experience in a writing/editorial position within a communications or marketing focused environment.
- Details orientated and quality driven.
- A strong history of published work for a range of audiences
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with others.
- Unique opportunity to work for Vietnam’s leading international university.
- Highly rewarding multi-cultural working environment with variety of personal learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive salary package plus benefits.
- Private premium medical insurance.
- Generous annual and sick leave benefits.
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
COMM_Writer Editor_2018 May_PS7.pdf
To find out more about working for RMIT in Vietnam please click on the following link:
Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Professional Jobs.pdf
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Intermediate level (BULATS score 65), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.0. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 10 June 2018
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now