Research Assistant - Contact Points Project
Job No: 568055
- City Campus Location
- HEW 5 Casual
- 2 days per week (hours required may vary)
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Media and Communication aims to produce graduates who will respond creatively to the challenges of a rapidly changing international, media-driven environment. Media and Communication has strong links with industry, and responds to ongoing change brought about by technology and convergence. The School is positioned as a major contributor and leader of the debate within media driven industries.
ISANA International Education Association Inc. has been awarded a grant in relation to the project entitled, “Contact Points: Enabling International Students during Critical Incidents.”
This project seeks to understand the needs of international students during critical incident episodes and to assist international students in managing their needs during these incidents.
The Research Assistant will be passionate about the International Education sector and is responsible for liaising with the projects leads; and organising, conducting and analysing results from focus groups. Responsibilities will include collaborating with the industry partner ISANA to organise and present at workshops with international students and staff working with international students. The Research Assistant will also work with the industry partner ISANA and project leads to write up and finalise the reports for the project.
Reporting to the RMIT project lead the Research Assistant will be responsible for project management in liaison with RMIT University, The University of Melbourne and the industry partner ISANA. You will organise, conduct and analyse results from focus groups. You will also collaborate with the industry partner ISANA to organise and present workshops and to write up reports for the project.
Skills & Experience Required
- A proven ability to self-motivate and work cooperatively within a team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in event management.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, or have recently completed a tertiary qualification
- Must have at least one year of experience as an international student (i.e.either an international student who has completed at least one year of education in Australia, or an Australian student who has completed at least a year of overseas).
This role is open to applicants looking to job share the responsibilities of the Research Assistant. Please state if this is of interest on your application.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter detailing relevant experience. Candidates are asked to detail how they meet the selection criteria in their cover letter. Appointment is subject to an employee working with children check.
For further information please contact Catherine Gomes on +61 3 9925 5068. Applications close on Friday 24th August 2018.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now