Senior Manager, Student Success
Job No: 570715
Reporting to the Vice President, Vietnam, the Senior Manager, Student Success is responsible for managing all teams within the department to ensure that they deliver a comprehensive and coherent support suite of services for all students in English and academic programs at RMIT Vietnam. This role is responsible for leading the department under an academic mission of providing developmental and skill-based support that considers the student’s well being, individual goals, and lifelong learning outcomes and aims to develop the student’s independence and autonomy in preparation for their life and work in the future. These services include Student Advisers, Case Management, Learning Advisers, PAL programs, Workshop services, Student Enquiries and web-based resources and tools.
As part of the Office of the Vice President academic and the Education portfolio, the Senior Manager will work closely with university student success stakeholders (Library, Learning and Teaching, Wellbeing, Student Life) to propose, develop and maintain university-wide strategies that improve student achievement and enhance the student experience. This role also collaborates with academic leadership (Discipline leads, Heads of Schools, Senior Manager Learning Technologies and Analytics, Research Office Manager) to ensure and contribute to the academic skills and language learning practices, as well as the overall quality of learning and teaching at the university.
Key Selection Criteria
- A Master’s degree in relevant field (e.g. TESOL, curriculum design, developmental psychology).
- An internationally recognised teaching qualification
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate a team of professional staff to successfully deliver a program of work and maintain a positive, collaborative organisational culture.
- At least three years of experience managing staff in a university environment.
- Significant expertise and experience in the successful development and evaluation of central academic language or learning support programs and activities and the development of resources including e-learning resources.
- Experience in using educational technology tools in a tertiary environment.
- Experience and fluency using large university/intuitional management software tools as well as project management tools and software.
- Experience in managing and reporting on educational university /institution-wide projects.
- Ability to initiate and manage various projects and initiatives related to student success and experience and to deliver on outcomes.
- High-level ability to analyse and interpret a complex range of information to address emerging issues in academic transition and learning support.
- Ability to provide expert advice with influence to academic, teaching and professional staff.
- Excellent English skills, both written and oral.
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities of this position and key selection criteria, please click on the JD link: JD Student Success Senior Manager - Sept 2018.pdf
For further information for expatriate candidates please click on the following link: Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Professional Jobs.pdf
- Commencing salary for expatriate candidates between USD $95,200 to USD $119,000 per annum plus benefits. An offer of appointment will normally be made with due consideration given to experience and qualifications.
- Competitive salary, plus benefits for local candidates.
- Flight from home location to Vietnam, plus relocation allowance for expatriate candidates.
- Support with visa and work permit application, plus reimbursement of associated costs.
- Private premium medical insurance.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.5 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 28 September, 2018.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now