Expression of Interest: Vocational Education Teacher - Product Design
- The School of Vocational Education, Design and Social Context
- Great CBD Location
- Approx. $70.71 - $73.50 per hour
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Vocational Education, Design and Social Context delivers a range of educational programs from certificate to associate degrees, as well as skills-based training for industry clients.
The School consists of three clusters:
• Design and Technology (including Product Design, Building Design, Graphic Design, Fashion Design & Technology, Fashion Merchandising, Footwear design, Visual Merchandising, Interior Design & Fashion Styling).
• Social Futures (including Social Care, Translating & Interpreting, Tertiary Preparatory Education and Teacher Education Preparation).
• Media, Art and Communication (including Visual Arts, Media, Writing and Photography).
The Role & Your Responsibilities
The highly regarded Diploma of Product Design is growing and the School is looking to recruit multiple energetic, motivated candidates as sessional teachers. If you have a desire to share their industry expertise with the next generation of product designers and have the following capabilities we would welcome contact with you to discuss employment options with you.
Seeking qualified applicants who are:
• Proficient in using CAD and design software such as (Solidworks, AutoCAD, Rhino,3D fusion and Adobe Creative Suite).
• Capable of running a studio workshop to teach illustrative sketching and technical drawing, model making, material and manufacturing technology, design process in the development of product.
It is expected that appointees will work effectively in the teaching team to deliver distinctive and leading education and training in Product Design. You will have the opportunity to work with related industry groups as well as developing strong internal relationships with other areas within the university.
Ideally, the successful applicants will have experience in teaching and working in the Industrial or Product Design industry.
Candidates must possess a Cert IV Training & Assessment (TAE40110/40116) and will need to complete compulsory new units TAELLN411 & TAEASS502 upon employment.
To apply please provide:
Cover letter outlining your experience and suitability to the role
Response to Key Selection Criteria – Included Below.
For confidential queries, please contact Jansen Lye, Program Manager of Product Design, School of Vocational Design and Social Context on +61 3 9925 3252.
Applications close: Fri June 28th 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Key Selection Criteria
1. Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills relevant to teaching and consultancy environments. This includes effective presentation and facilitation skills, and in the use of flexible teaching methods.
2. Demonstrated skills and experience in competency-based assessment.
3. Demonstrated ability in ensuring current and contemporary vocational competence which meets and/or exceeds the education level being delivered and assessed.
4. Demonstrated experience in relevant industry, and substantial discipline knowledge as it relates to this position.
5. Demonstrated capacity to diagnose learning problems in students, propose and implement effective solutions.
6. Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively as a constructive and proactive member of a team.
7. Demonstrated skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies.
Note: Please contact the Recruitment Unit for guidance on interview questions