- Full-time, 5 years’ fixed-term opportunity
- Key leadership position
- Salary Level HEW 10C + 17% Superannuation + Flexible Working Arrangements
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The University’s mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, quality teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for students, getting them ready for life and work. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
RMIT’s Research and Innovation Portfolio supports researchers to help shape the world. Part of the Research and Innovation Portfolio, Research Strategy and Services supports researchers to achieve excellent research outcomes. Research Strategy and Services supports strategy development and implementation and continuous improvement in services, systems and processes. The team provides expertise and services in grants and research contracts; research integrity, ethics and governance; and data analytics and reporting.
Senior Manager, Service Culture and Enablement provides specialist expertise in leading the transformation of research and innovation services across the enterprise and the successful adoption of a new operating model including process and technology improvements, ways of working and a service delivery framework supported by measurement and reporting.
Leading a team of three, the Senior Manager, Service Culture and Enablement is responsible for the delivery of a range of projects which requires collaborating with Enterprise Projects and Business Performance, Information Technology and key stakeholders within the R&I portfolio and other central service areas. Projects will include new digital solutions, process improvements and capability up-lift to ensure continuous improvement and enhanced service quality provided to researchers and graduate researchers.
Skills & Experience
- Leadership qualities and expertise to initiate and lead service delivery in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- High level interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience in mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Significant experience in partnering with information technology teams to deliver a program of digital solutions.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Extensive analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands and meet project deliverables of varied complexity.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne, Microsoft Project, and Visio.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cultural change whilst delivering against organisational goals and targets.
A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant work experience are required for this role. Applicants with strategic planning and business process re-engineering experience, along with professional certification or accreditation in project or program management will be highly regarded. Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning to offer life-changing experiences for our students, unite passion and purpose in academic and professional staff, and shape the world around us through research and teaching. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to free wellness & fitness classes
- MYKI pass discount
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ link. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Jane Holt on (03) 99254297 or via email Jane.Holt@rmit.edu.au
HEW10C Senior Manager Service Culture and Enablement PD - FINAL.pdf
Applications close on Wednesday 28th August at 11:55pm.
We kindly request that we are not accepting agency enquiries for this role
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.