Job No: 580846
RMIT Vietnam – a campus of RMIT University – is part of a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. RMIT is a 5-Star university under the QS Stars international evaluation system and ranks in the world’s top 400 in the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities.
School of Business and Management
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to think, challenge and create.
We deliver work ready graduates. In today’s competitive environment, professionals need the skills to adapt to an ever-changing business world. With RMIT Vietnam's close partnerships with industry, our students are engaged with some of industry’s top businesspeople, receiving knowledge and skills aligned directly with their specific career paths. At RMIT Vietnam, we give our students the skills to address real-world business issues.
The Lecturer, Law will be expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, within the School of Business and Management, specifically within undergraduate Programs which are taught across three semesters per year. The successful candidate will also actively promote the Programs by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry, and professional communities.
There are two Lecturer positions available – one located at Saigon South campus in Ho Chi Minh City) and the other in our Hanoi Campus.
Key selection criteria
- A relevant PhD or equivalent Doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment
- A common law background, i.e. obtained either an undergraduate or graduate degree from a university in a common law country
- A strong teaching and research profile and experience in commercial law and some or all of the following fields of law: tort law, contract law, consumer law, company law, investment law, and corporate governance
- Familiarity with principles of electronic contracts and business ethics will be advantages
- A strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and candidate information document below.
EcoFin_Lecturer, Law Hanoi.pdf
EcoFin_Lecturer, Law SGS.pdf
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 8 September 2019
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now