Senior HR Advisor
- Based at the City campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses
- Ongoing, Permanent role
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together. We are fundamentally transforming the world of research at RMIT, from providing industry leading opportunities for researchers to introducing world-first technology. We’re proud to be reshaping our processes and capabilities – and in doing so, we’re becoming a trusted partner in creating the future of research.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the role and college / portfolio:
The Senior HR Advisor will support the delivery of HR services into the relevant Portfolio(s) to ensure they are aligned to business requirements, create impact, and meet quality standards. This position is responsible for managing issues, providing creative problem-solving, and supporting and managing special projects for Business Partners.
The Senior HR Advisor will support and manage HR initiatives such as workforce planning, capability building, talent, staff engagement and change into the designated client group(s).
The Human Resources team provides outstanding, client focused, proactive and effective services for all RMIT staff. Success is achieved by understanding our business, and delivering responsive, innovative, and practical solutions through our business partnering and shared services model.
The HR Business Partner team is responsible for partnering with designated client groups to enable the delivery of objectives through the People Strategy, and in alignment with the RMIT 2020 strategy. The Business Partners are a member of the client executive team, working with the leadership team to also develop and deliver on HR priorities across the group and ensuring that HR initiatives such as workforce planning, capability building, talent, staff engagement and broader ground breaking change agendas are aligned and embedded.
You will be able to foster relationships with Portfolio Managers and Partners to ensure there is a positive impact of HR services. You’re someone who is comfortable with mentoring and educating HR colleagues, as well as RMIT Leaders to meet expectations and achieve collective team goals.
You will thrive in an environment that is contemporary and flexible in its thinking and actions. We want leaders who will empower to make a difference, foster great ideas, drive innovative research and instil a strong culture of service excellence and quality output.
Does this sound like the right role for you? If so, please reach out to your RMIT Talent Partner Erica Campbell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: PD - Senior HR Advisor.docx
- Tertiary qualification in HR Management or a related field and/or relevant experience.
- Demonstrable ability to diagnose HR issues and to recommend and deliver appropriate strategies and innovative solutions.
- The ability to analyse and interrogate data to provide meaningful insights and analysis.
- Demonstrated success in HR partnering (including talent, policy advice, performance and remuneration) with stakeholders to achieve business objectives through the people agenda.
- Demonstrated experience in organisational and cultural change.
Bring your whole self to work:
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond. We’re proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri – an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit your Cover Letter and CV outlining the Key Selection Criteria for this role.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.