Casual Language Educators
Job No: 582413
RMIT English Worldwide Melbourne (REW) is currently seeking applications from Language Educators interested in casual teaching positions. We are looking for experienced Language Educators to commence teaching during our peak times from September to December across our range of ELICOS (English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students) and English for Academic Purposes courses (EAP).
Casual Language Educators are responsible for the delivery and associated administration of English language classes under the guidance of Team Leaders and the Deputy Director.
Casual Language Educators are allocated classes on our teaching schedule dependent on student numbers and may also work on an on-call basis to provide relief teaching coverage when required.
If you have a positive, proactive attitude and are passionate about delivering exceptional and exciting programs for students, then we would love to hear from you! We are reviewing applications as they are submitted and will contact applicants who match our selected criteria immediately.
As a casual Language Educator you will be required to:
- Prepare classes, including lesson planning
- Present and supervise relevant classes, across the full range of REW's programs
- Accurately complete centre administrative requirements in a timely fashion
- Mark class work arising from classes taught
- Conduct student consultations
- Complete exam marking
- Understand and comply with the pedagogical principles and methodologies underpinning REW curriculum
- Contribute to the pastoral care and welfare of REW students and commit to enhancing their REW experience
- Attend meetings and training sessions
- Commit to the use of educational technology in the classroom
- Source supplementary materials and ensure all materials are copyright compliant
To be successful in this role you must have:
- ESL qualifications and experience to satisfy NEAS requirements (e.g. recognised Bachelor degree (or equivalent) plus a recognised TESOL qualification)
- A current Working With Children Check
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication (both written and spoken English – at either native speaker or IELTS 8+ level) and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and administration skills
Submit your application (including your resume and a one page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role) by clicking Apply Now. Applications close Monday, 30 September 2019 at 9am.
For more information:
Language Educator Casual - Position Description.pdf
Our people are integral to the success of our Company. We are experienced professionals who are committed to providing the highest standard of service and support to our clients and colleagues.
RMIT Training is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. At RMIT Training we offer a friendly, supportive and flexible working environment and culture with a range of employee benefits including access to health and wellbeing services and discounts, discounted travel, professional development opportunities and more. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now