Expression of Interest for sessional teaching in the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing
- CBD location
- Contribute to a culture of quality learning and teaching
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students.
One of Australia’s original educational institutions founded in 1887, RMIT University now has 83,000 students including 12,000 at postgraduate level.
The University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in professional and vocational education, applied and innovative research, and engagement with the needs of industry and the community
The Role and Your Responsibilities
The School of Economics, Finance and Marketing aims to provide globally recognised practical, relevant, and innovative programs, research and industry training.
To help to support this aim we require passionate, contemporary, engaged and preferably industry experienced staff. We welcome expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to register their interest to teach and/or mark assessments on a casual/sessional basis within the School.
We are seeking candidates to teach casually in our undergraduate and postgraduate programs from Semester 1 2020 in the following disciplines:
- Economics (including blockchain economics and behavioural economics)
- Finance (including teaching in the Treasury Dealing room)
Lectures, tutorials and workshops are delivered at our city campus, Monday to Friday, between 8:30am – 9:30pm and some weekends; depending on the timetable.
The volume, nature and availability of sessional teaching work will vary based on the needs of the School including course offerings, timetabling and student demand. Marking work may be available from Semester 2 2019.
- Possess a relevant tertiary qualification at least one AQF level above the level that is being taught and/or demonstrable equivalent academic or professional experience and expertise;
- Evidence of teaching ability and the capacity to engage students positively and constructively in learning;
- Demonstrable ability to support and enhance the values of the university as demonstrated through your teaching philosophy;
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrable experience in a sphere of research relating to economics, finance or marketing.
Employment is subject to the successful attainment of an Employee Working with Children Check.
To apply: Please click ‘Apply Now’ and:
Complete the on-line application form addressing the essential criteria and attach a resume.
For further information in relation to the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing, visit: https://www.rmit.edu.au/about/schools-colleges/economics-finance-and-marketing
For further information, please contact: email@example.com