Casual Admissions Officer
Job No: 582856
Casual Admissions Officer
- Global Student Recruitment
- Great CBD Location
- HEW 5 position
- Casual/ Fulltime hours
RMIT is a global university of technology and design, focused on creating solutions that transform the future for the benefit of people and their environments. We are global in attitude, action and presence; urban in orientation and creativity; and connected through active partnerships with professions, industries and organisations.
The Global Marketing and Student Recruitment Group’s vision is to bring to life RMIT’s 2020 strategy by putting the student at the centre of everything we do, creating a differentiated brand proposition, developing integrated deep insights for all our global students, and cultivating a differentiated and relevant service experience for those segments.
The Role and Responsibilities
The Admissions Officer works with the university systems to provide a responsive service for all RMIT University admissions activities. The Officer ensures a quick turnaround of all admissions related enquires and tasks. The Officer enquires, and tasks comply with relevant university policies and that the confidentiality of applicant information is maintained. The Officer provides accurate advice to applicants and staff on all admissions processes and equity issues and strategies, handling complex queries and using initiative to resolve issues. The Admissions Officer will work across the entire Admissions function including domestic and international functions and in doing so, provide support across operations functions where needed.
Skills & Experience Required
The successful applicants will be expected to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to handle confidential matters
- An ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and manage heavy workloads effectively
- The capability to work within a cross cultural context
- Demonstrated ability to work in an office environment and handle administrative tasks accurately and promptly
- Experience with office computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and the web
- Developed self and work organisation skills, including ability to work quickly and accurately, to prioritise tasks and to use initiative
- Knowledge of language other than English may be advantageous
- Previous Administration or Admissions Officer experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant work experience.
Appointment will be subject to holding or obtaining an Employee Working with Children Check
To apply please click 'Apply Now' and upload:
- A Cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience
- CV or Resume detailing any relevant experience
Applications close: Wednesday 18th of September 2019 at 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information about the role please contact the Casual Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now