Work type: Full time - Continuing/Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD
- Convenient CBD location
- Full-time, Continuing position
- $80,968 - $87,642 p.a + 17% super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Education Portfolio is responsible for services to support the quality of RMIT programs, including the professional development of academic staff, continuous improvement of the student experience, learning and teaching outcomes and the management of learning and research information sources.
The Role & Your Responsibilities
The Project Officer reports to the Director Planning & Resources and is responsible for coordinating and delivering on specific strategic and operational projects within the Education Portfolio. The Project Officer will work collaboratively and pro-actively with stakeholders to achieve strategically aligned and sustainable outcomes. Specific tasks will include:
- Managing all stages of projects using the University's Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool and the ability to promote, review, monitor, evaluate and control in order to deliver agreed project outcomes.
- Researching, collating and analysing a range of data to inform strategic decision making of the Portfolio.
- Leading draft submissions, briefing papers and discussion papers supporting the development and delivery of quality communications targeted towards internal and external audiences.
- Driving continuous improvement through streamlining processes, communication lines and support services to ensure simplicity, consistency and clarity.
Skills & Experience Required
To be suitable for this role you will have demonstrated project management skills and experience, ideally gained in a large complex environment. With outstanding interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff at various organisational levels and work cooperatively as a member of a team you will be a key team member. Your ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills and a proven ability to secure the cooperation and engagement of a wide range of people within a complex environment will be essential to your success in this role.
For further information please refer to the attached Position Description.
Applications close on Wednesday 5th April 2017. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time