- Career opportunities with impactful partnerships
- Leading university in innovation and applied research
- Expression of interests from senior academics
More than just a guiding value, RMIT strives to make a difference. To be the champions for positive change in the community and the world. To empower dreamers to achieve outstanding things.
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students and staff.
We know that sometimes timing doesn't align for the perfect role to be available when you need it - but that's okay. That is why we would encourage you to stay connected with us. We would be very open to receiving your expression of interest (via a cover letter demonstrating the discipline you are passionate about) and resume.
To address the under representation of women in STEMM, we are seeking expressions of interest from women in STEMM for the Schools of Science and Engineering, including but not limited to:-
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Biomedical Engineering
The Section 12 of the Victorian Equal Opportunity Act permits the University to conduct female only recruitment in addressing the substantive imbalance of female representation in Science, Engineering and Business, IT and Logistics schools.
Further details relating to the School/College Office may be found on at: www.rmit.edu.au/seh
Why RMIT? Our Culture
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
For further information about RMIT culture & benefits please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
We’re proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa– a “commitment to share” - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
RMIT Standings in university rankings
- In the 2019 QS World University Rankings by Subject, RMIT was positioned 12th in the world (highest ranked in Australia) in Art and Design, 22nd in the world (fourth highest in Australia) in Architecture and the Built Environment, and 37th in Media and Communications. We are also among the world’s top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Accounting and Finance; and Business and Management Studies).
We would love to hear from you, so please register your 'Expression of Interest' for consideration and notification for roles that may become available in the future. In assessing merit, RMIT accommodates an emerging contemporary approach to work and career, and will recognise achievement relative to opportunity. In your application, we encourage you to comment on your achievement relative to opportunity.
All roles will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
We are also happy to make adjustments to the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request(s).
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.