RMIT Vietnam – a campus of RMIT University – is part of a global university of technology, design, and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching, and engagement and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. RMIT is a 5-Star university under the QS Stars international evaluation system and ranks in the world’s top 400 in the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities.
School of Communication & Design
The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and, above all, the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence, and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. See https://www.rmit.edu.vn/our-schools-centres/school-communication-design
The Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication) is the largest undergraduate program within the School of Communication & Design. The program comprises strands in advertising, public relations and media studies.
Role & key responsibilities
We seek an experienced Lecturer/Associate Lecturer to help grow the Advertising team against the exciting background of Vietnam’s rapidly growing economy. In response to sector trends, input from industry partners and as a result of a recent program review, we are seeking applicants with up-to-date experience in Digital and Social Media Communication, Engagement, and Advertising.
A flexible attitude and a range of skills related to the conceptualization, execution, and evaluation of advertising and communication courses are a must, as well as the capability and competence to teach and coordinate a range of relevant courses such as Introduction to Advertising, Creative Advertising, and Contemporary Research. The appointee is expected to actively promote both the program and the School through membership of - and links to - academic and professional networks.
The appointee will be located at RMIT’s Hanoi campus and will be expected to travel to other RMIT Vietnam campuses as required.
Key selection criteria
- Lecturer: Ph.D. or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification from a recognized institution.
- Associate Lecturer: we will consider an application from an emerging academic who is in the final stages of relevant doctoral study or an industry professional in this field. In this instance, a relevant completed Master’s degree from a recognized institution is required.
- Up-to-date experience in Digital and Social Media Research and Creative Communication.
- Skills in content creation for online/mobile/social will be considered favorably.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver undergraduate courses including the production of high-quality online or offline teaching activities and support materials.
- Demonstrated range of skills relating to the conceptualization, execution, and evaluation of courses, including the capability and competence to teach a range of media/communication/cultural studies courses.
- Evidence of achieving course learning outcomes and positive student experiences.
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake course coordination and to cooperate effectively with colleagues.
- Track-record of relevant research activity and peer-reviewed outputs or equivalent.
- Professional experience in the communication/media sector or equivalent is preferred.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description, Academic FAQ’s RMIT Vietnam and Candidate Information document below.
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic updated.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on December 17, 2020.