RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Science and Technology
The School of Science and Technology at RMIT Vietnam is associated with the College of Science, Engineering and Health of RMIT University Melbourne, delivering the College’s award programs and developing research in the field(s) of science, engineering and health. Programs currently taught on the Vietnam campus include the Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics), Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering), Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics & Mechatronics) and the Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) (Electrical & Electronics Engineering).
The role & key responsibilities
The Senior Lecturer, Mechanical or Robotics/Mechatronics Engineering will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, within the School of Science and Technology, specifically within undergraduate Programs. The successful candidate will develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the University’s research focus areas to achieve success in attracting research funding and to produce high quality outputs.
Key selection criteria
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification
- At least 5 years relevant teaching experience in Mechatronic and Robotics Engineering in a University environment
- Proven teaching, curriculum development, and research records in Autonomous Systems, Unmanned Vehicles and Aircraft Systems, and Artificial Intelligent (AI) systems is a big plus.
- Recognised research profile including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets.
- Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic updated.pdf
JD - Senior Lecturer, Engineering (Robotics, Mechatronics Engineering).pdf
JD - Lecturer, Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering.docx
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 27 September 2020