Expressions of Interest - VE Teacher Refrigeration/ Electrical/ Instrumentation
Job No: 591354
- Join RMIT to make a difference as a VET Teacher in Refrigeration/ Electrical
- Salary level: Teacher 1-5 ($61,416 – $98,406 p.a) plus super and benefits on offer
- Potential Fixed term positions located at RMIT’s CBD campus
About RMIT and The College of Vocational Education
The purpose of RMIT’s College of Vocational Education is to empower learners and our industry, community and government partners to succeed in the new world of work. Our five-year strategic roadmap, ALiVE@RMIT, purposefully guides everything we do in vocational education to deliver our vision: to position RMIT as a leading multi-sector provider with global impact and influence.
Are you looking for a ‘Workstyle Change?’
Are you interested in a career change and an opportunity to be a Vocational Education Teacher in the Refrigeration/ Electrical/ Instrumentation Trade? We are interested to hear from potential teachers who have a passion for education and who want to give back to the industry.
What’s on Offer:
- Excellent modern resources and advanced learning spaces
- Current and well-developed learning materials and assessment tools
- Ongoing support and career development
- A collaborative environment that is supportive and inclusive
- A student cohort that is from across the state of Victoria
- Excellent industry reputation and access to well-established employer networks.
About the Role:
Join RMIT to make a difference as a VE Teacher specifically in refrigeration/ electrical/ instrumentation as you….
- Prepare and deliver teaching programs
- Provide continuing development, delivery and review of course material and content
- Teaching methods (including online delivery) assessment of students and their supervision.
What you will bring:
- A passion and desire to share your knowledge and experience with students
- Your diverse knowledge in refrigeration/ electrical/ instrumentation from industry and/ or previous teaching experience
- An ability to prepare and teach programs, including via online delivery
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- A collaborative approach as you work with industry groups and RMIT staff
A current training and assessment qualification (Cert IV TAE40110/6 or Dip VET TAE50111/6) and or including mandatory TAE units TAELLN411 and TAEASS502.
You will have relevant industry experience in the refrigeration/ electrical/ instrumentation trade, and a qualification at or above the level being delivered. If successful you will be required to demonstrate your currency.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
We would love to hear from you, so please register your 'Expression of Interest' and indicate your area of expertise for these roles.
For further information please reach out to Melissa Tinetti - Associate Dean – Industry Programs on +6139925 4338.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now