EOI: Vocational Education Teacher: Community Services and Youth work programs
Job No: 592921
- College of Vocational Education; Social Care & Health group
- Community Services and Youth Work programs positions for programs in 2021
- CBD Location
About RMIT and The College of Vocational Education
The purpose of RMITs College of Vocational Education is to empower learners and our industry, community and government partners to succeed in the new world of work. Our five-year strategic roadmap, ALiVE@RMIT, purposefully guides everything we do in vocational education to deliver our vision: to position RMIT as a leading multi-sector provider with global impact and influence.
Are you interested in an opportunity to be a Vocational Education Teacher in Social Care, Alcohol and Drugs Courses or Community Services? We are interested to hear from potential teachers who have a passion for education and who want to give back to the industry.
What's on Offer:
- Excellent modern resources and advanced learning spaces
- Current and well-developed learning materials and assessment tools
- Ongoing support and career development
- A collaborative environment that is supportive and inclusive
- A student cohort that is from across the state of Victoria
- Excellent industry reputation and access to well-established employer networks.
About you and the role
RMIT School of Vocational Education are seeking expressions of interest from sessional casual teaching staff for our Community Services and Youth Work programs.
Community Services and Youth Work have a high number of applications for 2021 as Free TAFE programs continue to roll out. The program area is seeking staff who have specialised skillsets and industry experience in units such as counselling, child protection, case management, forced migration and alcohol and other drugs Alcohol and other Drugs. You will be available to start immediately, with training running the weeks before this date.
RMIT’s VE College are seeking experienced VE Teachers for casual teaching in the following disciplines at both Certificate and Diploma levels:
- Cert IV Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Cert IV Community Services
- Diploma Community Services
- Diploma of Financial Counselling
- Cert IV Youth Work
- You will have a vocational qualification or an undergraduate qualification in the Community Services field and extensive and current industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience of teaching in Vocational Education is desirable
- A qualification in the TAE40116 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its equivalent; or higher level qualification in adult education
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check
To apply: Please click “Apply Now”
Applications close on Wednesday 19th May 2021 and due to the urgent nature of the role, offers will be made to suitable candidates as they apply. Please put in an application promptly.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We’re proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa– a “commitment to share” - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now