RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
About the School
The College of Vocational Education
The purpose of RMIT’s College of Vocational Education is to empower learners and our industry, community and government partners to succeed in the new world of work. Our five-year strategic roadmap, ALiVE@RMIT, purposefully guides everything we do in vocational education to deliver our vision: to position RMIT as a leading multi-sector provider with global impact and influence. Led by our Pro Vice Chancellor, the College of VE is reimagining how we deliver vocational education to create unique experiences for our students and partners, so we can:
lead in practice-based learning
• empower learners for the future of work
• engage industry and community at scale
• grow for impact and influence
The College of VE is delivering impact through transformation that creates long-term change.
Learning and Teaching Innovation
Guided by our student-centered approach, the College of VE empowers high-performing educators to deliver exceptional learning experiences by:
• Accelerating online delivery and embedding learnings from COVID-19 and
• Enabling a new and unique approach to practice-based learning
With a central focus on learning and teaching innovation, driven by a culture of continuous improvement and underpinned by strong governance, the College of VE strives for excellence in quality, compliance and policy oversight.
RMIT School of Vocational Education are seeking expressions of interest from sessional casual teaching staff for our Community Services and Youth Work programs.
Community Services and Youth Work have a high number of applications for 2021 as Free TAFE programs continue to roll out. The program area is seeking staff who have specialised skillsets and industry experience in units such as counselling, child protection, case management, forced migration and alcohol and other drugs AOD. You will be available to start immediately (ideally from 18th January 2021, with training running from this date).
- Current TAE Cert 4 Qualification
- Experience in community services and youth work
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We’re proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We placed 11th in the 2019 Talent Board APAC Candidate Experience Awards.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa– a “commitment to share” - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for this role.
Applications close on Sunday 24th January 2021 but due to the urgent nature of the role, offers will be made to suitable candidates as they apply, please put in an application promptly.
RMIT welcomes and encourages candidates with disability to apply for our roles. If you require an adjustment to equitably participate in the recruitment process then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, letting us know your preferred method of communication.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.