RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Business and Management
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. The Management Department, within the School, has six discipline areas. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to think, challenge and create.
We deliver work ready graduates. In today’s competitive environment, professionals need the skills to adapt to an ever-changing business world. With RMIT Vietnam's close partnerships with industry, our students are engaged with some of industry’s top business people, receiving knowledge and skills aligned directly with their specific career paths. At RMIT Vietnam, we give our students the skills to address real-world business issues.
The role and responsibilities
As a Lecturer you will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of RMIT Vietnam across disciplines related to Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Specifically, you will teach within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs whilst advancing and developing your research and professional capabilities. You will actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities and work and connect collaboratively with fellow academics within the teaching team, sharing updates and advances on developments in your field and specialisation. You may also have the opportunities to coordinate courses.
For a more detailed account of the position responsibilities, you can click on the following link:
B&I_Lecturer, Logistics & Supply Chain_Oct 2019.pdf
Key selection criteria
- PhD/DBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification.
- In depth knowledge of the disciplines mentioned above, specifically in the Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Information Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Emerging or established research background; publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Ability to generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to effectively collaborate with fellow colleagues, research candidates and students, industry connections with a keen sense and commitment teamwork.
- Proven track record regarding maximising positive student outcomes, experience and feedback.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- 20 days annual leave plus two University public holidays plus 5 days paid Xmas closure (in addition to standard national public holidays) plus 10 days sick leave per annum.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance + flight (for expatriates relocating from outside Vietnam) + reimbursement of all work permit and visa related costs + private medical insurance + annual health check
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well-being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0, or BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75) or equivalent.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching Economics subject in a tertiary education environment.
- We have positions in Hanoi and HCMC campuses.
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link.