RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. Department of Management includes disciplines: Management, Human Resources Management & Entrepreneurship, International Business, Tourism & Hospitality Management, Business Administration.
We deliver work ready graduates. In today’s competitive environment, professionals need the skills to adapt to an ever-changing business world. With RMIT Vietnam's close partnerships with industry, our students are engaged with some of industry’s top business people, receiving knowledge and skills aligned directly with their specific career paths. At RMIT Vietnam, we give our students the skills to address real-world business issues.
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AT RMIT
Teaching International Business will help students develop an understanding of the connections between various activities within and between organisations, countries and industry sectors.
The programs provide advanced study in contemporary international business theory and practice to help students build their knowledge and skills necessary for critical, creative and sustainable approaches to business in a globalised world.
When you join our team as a Lecturer in International Business Law, you will bring your expert knowledge, education and experience to add significant value and impact to the teaching, research and industry engagement related activities involved in this role. As an academic member of staff, you can expect to team across undergraduate and post graduate programs whilst developing your own scholarly, research and professional capabilities. You will actively promote the program through establishing and maintaining networks and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities both locally and internationally.
- PhD in International Business or related Doctoral qualification.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs with the specialist fields of international business related areas, research initiatives and competitive research funding is desirable.
- Previous teaching experience in the above areas.
- Industry experience.
- Well established and consistent internationally ranked publication record for Lecturer appointment.
- Highly rated performance relating to student outcomes, student experience and feedback
- Excellent team player
- Culturally adept and agile.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance upon commencement of role (with support to relocate overseas candidate (and family) from home location to Vietnam under current global COVID19 restrictions) + private medical insurance
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent).
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link.