Vocational Education Teacher in Building & Construction
Job No: 596578
- Join RMIT to make a difference as a Vocational Education Teacher in Construction
- Casual role working at RMIT Melbourne City Campus
- Casual HEW teaching level 2.2 with industry loading, depending on qualifications
About RMIT and The College of Vocational Education
The purpose of RMITs College of Vocational Education is to empower learners and our industry, community and government partners to succeed in the new world of work. Our five-year strategic roadmap, ALiVE@RMIT, purposefully guides everything we do in vocational education to deliver our vision: to position RMIT as a leading multi-sector provider with global impact and influence.
Are you looking for a 'Workstyle Change?
Are you interested in a career change and an opportunity to be a Vocational Education Teacher in building and construction? We are interested to hear from potential teachers who have a passion for education and who want to give back to the industry.
Whats on Offer:
- Excellent modern resources and advanced learning spaces
- Current and well-developed learning materials and assessment tools
- Ongoing support and career development
- A collaborative environment that is supportive and inclusive
- A student cohort that is from across the state of Victoria
- Excellent industry reputation and access to well-established employer networks.
About the Role:
Join RMIT to make a difference as a Vocational Education Teacher in the Building and Construction Trade. This is a unique opportunity to partner with Australia’s leading builder as part of a highly successful Building and Construction teaching programme. You will be responsible for:
- Preparing and delivering teaching programs on Building Codes, Structural Principals, Costings, Tendering. Managing Construction Works, Site Surveys, Construction Site Health and Safety and many other areas.
- Provide continuing development, delivery and review of course material and content
- Teaching methods (including online delivery) assessment of students and their supervision.
What you will bring:
- A passion and desire to share your knowledge and experience with students
- Your diverse knowledge in building and construction trades from industry and/or previous teaching experience
- An ability to prepare and teach programs, including via online delivery and experience with competency-based assessment
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills relevant to teaching, presentation and facilitation
- A collaborative approach as you work with industry groups and RMIT staff
The appointee must hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from the TAE10 Training and Education Training Package as a minimum qualification. This consists of 10 units (7 core and 3 electives).
Teachers, who do not possess the TAE40110, must be enrolled to complete the qualification and will be subject to RMIT supervision requirements.
You will have relevant industry experience in the building and construction trade, and a qualification at or above the level being delivered. If successful you will be required to demonstrate your currency and have the required building and construction licenses.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
We would love to hear from you, so please register your 'Expression of Interest' and provide a copy of your CV and Cover letter in a single Word document.
Please submit your CV and cover letter by 30th June 2021.
For further information please reach out to Thierry Demathieu firstname.lastname@example.org or the Casual Recruitment team at email@example.com or +61 03 9925 0600 (opt 1)
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We’re proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa– a “commitment to share” - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to jobs listing Apply now